We’re eager to welcome our third FM-EM resident to our Hospital in July 2020, and ultimately we look forward to this resident becoming our future colleague at CCH.
Below you’ll find some facts to help you learn more about our Emergency Department and Hospital services. And to find out more about your new team, please click here.
Facts about CCH’s Emergency Department
CCH’s Emergency Department provides intensive services to all patients according to the Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale guidelines through a cohesive, competent care team.
- 60,000 visits annually
- 24/7 ED physician availability
- See and Treat/Acute Care/Sub Acute/Trauma Areas
- Electronic Health Record and Computerized Triage system
- ED Drug History Access online database
- Staffing including: Charge Nurse, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Geriatric Emergency Medicine, physio, ED Clinical Nurse Educator, access to Respiratory Therapists, Emergency Room assistants and unit clerks
- A department that supports employee education (TNCC, BCLS, ACLS, CTAS, NVCI, CBRN) and formal mentorship program
- Central monitoring and telemetry capabilities
- PACS digital radiography
- Continuum of care through major referral sources
- Discharge Planning partnered with CCAC
- Assault and Sexual Abuse Program with 24/7 on-call
- Access to Mental Health Crisis Team and Community Withdrawal Management Services
Facts about our Hospital
CCH serves patients from across Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry counties, as well as the Akwesasne indigenous community. With a total catchment district over 125,000, our Hospital offers a wide range of services outside of our Emergency Department, including:
- On-site diagnostic services including MRI, CT Scanning, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, EEG, Mammography and X-ray.
- Five state-of-the-art operating suites, a cytology and endoscopy suite, elective surgeries and 24-hour access to emergency surgeries.
- Surgical services include: General, Orthopedic, Urology, ENT, Obs/Gyne, Ophthalmology and Dental.
- Our Critical Care Unit is a Level 2-3 ICU with 11 beds. A closed unit with a rotating Internist, the CCU offers 4-person ventilator capacity. ICU services include advanced central line insertion, difficult airway management, advanced ventilator setting management, bronchoscopy and intubation.
- A level 4 satellite facility for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, providing ambulatory, nursing, pharmacy & physician support from the administration of low-risk to high-risk chemotherapy under the direction of an oncologist.
- An Eastern Ontario first: the Community Addiction & Mental Health Centre, located just north of our Hospital facility. Opened to clients in late 2016, our Centre offers day treatment to patients from children to geriatric clients, all under one roof.